- This event has passed.
Be Prepared for your next HIPAA Audit
October 12, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Being in compliance with HIPAA involves not only ensuring you provide the appropriate patient rights and controls on your uses and disclosures of protected health information, but you also have the proper policies and procedures in place. If audited or the subject of a compliance review you will be required to show the government you have all the necessary documentation in place for safeguarding patient Protected Health Information and indicate how you addressed all required security safeguards. This starts with the understanding the fundamentals of a HIPAA compliance.
If your healthcare practice, business, or organization needs to understand how to be prepared for a HIPAA audit and to make sure your current safeguards are adequate and can withstand government scrutiny, please join us for this informative and interactive course.
Why should you Attend:
Almost 120,000,000 individuals were affected by HIPAA data breaches. This is a significant reason why Congress has inquired about the recent and very sizeable increases in cyber-attacks that inflect the risk of medical identity theft. And with the Phase 2 Audit program underway, selected Covered Entities will soon receive written notifications they are going to be audited.
Attendees will leave the course clearly understanding of all the requirements that must be in place for HIPAA and how to demonstrate compliance if audited. After completing this course, a Covered Entity or Business Associate will be able to know what needs to be place when it comes to all of the HIPAA regulations.
- Why was HIPAA created?
- What are the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Management Plan?
- What is meant by “Required” and “Addressable” Implementation Specifications?
- What are Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards Requirements?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
- What are HIPAA training requirements?
- What is a HIPAA data breach and what happens if it occurs?
- What are the penalties and fines for non-compliance and how to avoid them?
- Preparing for a HIPAA Audit
- Creating a Culture of Compliance
- Interactive Q&A Session
- Compliance Officer
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Medical/Dental Office Managers
- Practice Managers
- Information Systems Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- General Counsel/lawyer
- Practice Management Consultants
- Any Business Associates that accesses protected health information
- IT Companies that support Medical/Dental practices or other healthcare organizations